Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique bisque head compo body doll that is simply

Customer Question

I have an antique bisque head compo body doll that is simply marked 6. she has a longer face, open mouth, sleep eyes. how do I find out who made her?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I found her at a consignment shop. her hair is human hair and VERY THINNED out. the wig is hand knotted but no makers mark. she has big eyes and I think glass teeth. large eyebrows too. the only mark on her is a number 6. no one at the doll shows knows what she is they keep calling her a mystery doll. I have been to 3 different shows.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: not that I can think of. her eyebrows are large and the bisque is raised. her ears are seperatly put on 0 not in the doll mod itself but applies after the doll head was taken out of the mold
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll and the marks that you have described.
Also look on the back of her neck (under hair) or back of shoulder for any more marks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have the doll in front of me right now. I am at work. All I can say is that literally the only mark on her is 6. Would it be possible to send photos later today? After 4?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She has a longer looking face - not the "dolly type" face. She looks almost "teen age/young lady"

This works more like email, so I will get an email when you

send pictures later today (no 'chat' time limit, in other words).

Give me some time after seeing photos to do some research

and then I will answer with maker and value for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Excellent! how do I send it? Just log back in?

Yes, this question should be saved in your account.

This link should also help with instructions on adding pictures;

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, I do not wsih to continue. Please refund. Thanks