Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I find the value of a 1971 Spode Plate commemorating the

Customer Question

I find the value of a 1971 Spode Plate commemorating the 2500 years of reign of the monarchy in Iran? 20K gold trim; 10000 made?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: How do I find an appraiser of commemorateve plates?
JA: Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: made in 1971; excellent condition; missing original box but otherwise excellent; made by spode
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: gold leaf trim on a turquoise to pale blue band on outside of plate
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Your commemorative plate from 1971 by Spode for the 2500 Years of Persian Monarchy approved by Pahlavi sells for a high average of $400 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks. What's the highest value that this plate goes for? And does having the original packaging make a difference?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where and how does one find collectors of plates like mine?
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

You are welcome!

Having the original packaging and papers does help sale-ability raises perceived value. The highest auction sale price I found on the 10,000 limited edition plate was $550 in 2009. Since then the sale mode at auction is currently $400. There is another version of the plate by Spode in a limited edition of only 2000 that sold for $2800 at auction in 2013: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/iran-imperial-plate-persia-spode-416943681

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is eBay The best vehicle for selling this plate?
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Yes it is. Though it may sound cliche, the best platform for you to sell these is on Ebay. It is where the most potential buyers from all over the world would first go to search for such items.

~Nora