Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have five old documents, with seals: 1) Appointment of

Customer Question

I have five old documents, with seals: 1) Appointment of John Goldsbury as Justice of the Peace for County of Hampshire, Commonwealth of Mass. signed on June 25, 1789, by John Avery, and witnessed and signed by ***** *****cock, Governor and Commander-in-Chief. 2) Document with seal under title of Caleb Strong, Governor of Mass., which shows election of John Gouldsbury (diff. spelling) to ensign of militia of the Commonwealth, signed by Alden Bradford on 4/18/1816, as secretary of the commonwealth. 3) Under seal of Francis Bernard, Captain General and Governor in cChief of Majesty's Province of Massachutes Bay in New England, appointing John Goldsboro as Captain. Signed by his excellency of the commonwealth on April 6, 1766, in Boston. 4) Appointment of Leslie de Jersey Grut to Lieutenant on October 30, 1917 under King George letterhead; and lower portion as a separate document, Certificate of Distinguished Service, with medal cross, signed March 1, 1919 by Secretary State of War, Winston Churchill. 5) Under letterhead of Earl of Pembroke and Montgomery, appointment of Thomas Charles Grut, Gentleman, to Lieutenant in Guerney Light Infantry Militia. Document has seal and was signed on 3/1/1822 by Excellency's Command Secretary. The first 3 items have been in the family of the relatives of John Goldsbury for generations. The last two in the family of de Jersey Grut. They are all framed and readable. I would like to know the approximate value of each. I have photographs I can send once I get an email and contact name. Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Hi Jim,

Please send an images from one document to start, so as to not confuse photos. Are you seeking to sell these documents?

~Nora

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
planning to sell them. I can send you the first document, one with ***** *****cock's signature. Like I did with the Satsuma plates, I can send separate emails as to each document with the respective photos attached. Thank you. *****
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Hi Jim,

Yes, sure, you can send images by that method again. I would keep it at not more than 3-5 photos of the one document - there was an issue with the amount of photos sent last time.

In the meantime, I highly encourage you to contact Derin Bray, a leading authority in 18th century American documents and an active buyer; you can tell him Nora sent you.

*****@******.***

(###) ###-####/p>

~Nora

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the information. After I receive your estimations of value as to the five documents--I will check in with the expert you gave me if it is worthwhile to pursue. At 2 P.M. on September 24, I just sent 4 additional emails to you, through support, each attaching either 2 or 3 photos of each of the respective additional 4 documents. Thank you in advance for all your help. I appreciate it. Jim Dutton
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Hi Jim,

Thank you, ***** ***** check for the images. Derin wrote me and said thanks but that he would have to pass on them.

~Nora

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How is it going with a valuation of the five historic documents? Jim