rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a silver very old braclet, with markings on the in

Customer Question

i have a silver very old braclet, with markings on the in side, we do no its from the 1700, but i can send a picture
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: if you give me a email address i can send pictures
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no you need to see the pictures
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
One symbol is slanted M and one symbol is a harp with a crown and one symbol is a sitting queen and one we don't no,
and on the front is men on horses chasing deer, It look like its silver or burtania, i hope this help tell we can get some good pictures

These all sound like silver assay, country and date marks but I will need to see them

in order to assess the piece. When doing the photography, do not use a flash (use daylight)

so that I can see more details. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Need to send you a picture
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Once you do, give me some time to research.

No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

(NOTE: I do not participate in the phone service.)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did send pictures, sorry you didn't get them I will try again

The photo of the marks was taken using a flash, so I am unable to see the marks.

Please do a photo in daylight with NO camera flash so that it is not overexposed. Stand by a window so that the marks are lit from

just one side, this allows the symbols to stand out more with light from just one side. Thanks!

This is a sterling silver bracelet made in 1808 or 1832 (hard to see the M date code).

The seated queen and harp are assay marks for Dublin, Ireland.

The very first two marks are the maker's marks (illegible).

This bracelet has a current value of $235 to $250.00 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I am not allowed to stack questions. I would be happy to do more for you, but they have to be in a new question

and you have to rate this one (click the the 5 stars and the submit button)before we can continue on new ones, thanks!