Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

We have a 200 yr old piece under a glass dome. The subject

Customer Question

We have a 200 yr old piece under a glass dome. The subject is a girl with a dog under an arbor. The arbor has small flowers saved with a sugar substance and flour that have remained white. The dome is about 12-14 inches high, has flat sides about 8 inches wide and curved about 6 inches. Ross Reardon
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I would be glad to answer questions. We do know it was given to a banker in Kansas about two hundred years ago and brought to central Illinois about 80 years ago. We have had it in our possession the past 54 years. Nobody knows why it was created or what it represents, but it is a special piece.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is Jennifer.I"m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

If you can upload a photo, I'm happy to take a look for you. As detailed as your description is, I really do need to see an image. The design and appearance are very crucial to value.

Are there any marks, stamps or labels on the underside of the base?