Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Looking for any information and possible valuation of this

Customer Question

Looking for any information and possible valuation of this estate sale purchase. 11 inches wide, 15.5 high, 6.5 deep bowl. Metal fabrication, rusty patina, "Kylix" style.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

What an interesting piece. Do you know what the metal is? It's hard to tell from the picture.

Were you given any information or history of the piece? What about the family whose estate this came from? What part of country?

I realize these are lots of questions but they are important in dating your piece.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your response! Unfortunately, I was given no information on the piece. The estate was in Clayton, Missouri purchased on an online estate sale. It was part of a collection with two other aged patina metal pieces. One of those was steel, the other looks like copper. No markings on the base to indicate artist or date. Unable to determine the type of metal. So I'm basically no help, I'm sorry!