rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I ave acquired an art piece that may be worth a little a

Customer Question

I ave acquired an art piece that may be worth a little a lot.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The ar piece is a nigerian painter Nike Seven Seven aka Mummy nNike aka Seven Davies Okundaye. I have researched and
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The art piece is from an Nigerian artist Nike Seven Seven better none as Davies Okundaye. It is a wall hanging on blue indigo batik. She became famous in 1983. One of her art piece is hanging in the Smithsonian in Washington I have a paper that says it was purchased in Nigeria in 1981 The artist has signed the piece NIKE. The title of the piece of St George and the Dragon.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I do not participate in the phone service.

Will you be able to add photos?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I do that. I can get my daughter to help me after work today
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you see the files?

I see them , thank you!

I will be back in a bit with the answer.

Nike Okundaye Davies (born 1954)
is a Nigerian artist known for painting, drawing and batik.

The signature on your piece is a definite match. Your batik

titled St. George and the Dragon has a current value of

$1000 to $1200 retail based on recent sales of sold work

in batik.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.