Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

Is it possible for me to send you a photo of a crystal

Customer Question

Is it possible for me to send you a photo of a crystal goblet for you to identify? Does identification cost anything? Thank you.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: I don't think that answers my question.
JA: Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is my mother's crystal pattern. She married in 1954. I seem to remember her telling me it is Gorham, but I haven't been able to find an image on line.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is shaped like an upside down triangle. Very little cut-work. There are 12 single cuts, like vertical leaves around the base of the goblet before you get to the stem. Thank you.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 30 days ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Here they are...
Expert:  Nora replied 30 days ago.

This does look like Gorham crystal stemware, however I have not yet found a match to the pattern cut and stem shape. You can send the images to and they can do a match search within their database for a pattern name. Here is the link for you:

Gorham stemware pieces tend to sell for $10 - $25 each at auction and can retail for higher.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  Nora replied 29 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.