Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 2 antique japanese vases with what looks like real

Customer Question

I have 2 antique japanese vases with what looks like real gold leaves on them. I was wondering what they might be worth. I've had them for over 50 yers
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I would like to know what there worth and where I might be able to sell them I have several pics.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your vases. They sound interesting.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of them and let me know how tall they are. Also a photo of the entire bottom of each would help too. Even if not marked on the bottom there are important features there that help with age and origin. As soon as I see what you have, I'll be able to tell you all about them and give you a value.

Many thanks,
Robert.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks R.