rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a pitcher from meriden company, it's marked meriden

Customer Question

I have a pitcher from meriden company, it's marked meriden b-company. Pat _d Nov,13, 1868. Was curious of any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

This is a silver plated (not sterling) pitcher from Meriden Britannia Silver Company of Connecticut

circa 1880. The patent refers to the insulated inner core to keep water cold and

this is not the date of the pitcher, most items with patents were produced a bit later.

This piece is from the Aesthetic Victorian period where the designs were influenced

by Asian pieces. This pitcher has a current value of $75 to $100 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!