Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Tuscan fine English bone china tea set made prior

Customer Question

I have a Tuscan fine English bone china tea set made prior to 1967. It is decorated around the top of the tea pot with dark red flowers (roses, I think) and green leaves. The area above the flowers, the base, spout and handle appear to be gilded. My Irish grandmother brought it to the US in (I think, the '40s) and gave it to me in 1977 or '78. Can you identify the pattern? Do you have enough info to provide a ballpark estimate of its worth?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: Do I need to take the tea set to an appraiser for more specific answers to my questions?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It's in perfect condition, set of 4 or 6 tea cups and saucers.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Tuscan tea set.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and one of the mark on the bottom and I may be able to identify the pattern for you. I can certainly date it and give you an accurate value.

Many thanks,

Robert.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Justclick on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks

Robert.