Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an antique doll that I am doing research on. She is

Customer Question

good morning. I have an antique doll that I am doing research on. She is marked = doll mark S star symbol PB inside H. She has sleep eyes. Leather looing body in excellent shape saw dust feel with no leaks or tears. full original dress in good shape but old and slightly stained. no great damage. Anny thoughts on a price to list as action.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: She has legs that have a built in bend for sitting at the leg joint ... but seems never bend.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

The mark on your doll indicates it was made by Arthur Schoenau & Hoffmeister from Germany. The mark you describe dates the doll to before 1930. Depending on the height and the style of the face, these sell for $100 - $400 at auction. Feel free to send images and height.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora