Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have my great aunt's dining room table and 8 cane back,

Customer Question

I have my great aunt's dining room table and 8 cane back, carved chairs that I must sell. The table is unusual and I am not sure how to describe it. When closed, there are two legs, each with 2 feet that open and swing out, to support the top when it is fully opened. The table and chairs are in excellent condition. What is thiit/s style called and how do I sell it?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: How do I find an appraiser?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don't know the type of wood, I would guess cherry or mahogany. The end of the four legs are capped in a claw styled molded brass.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.