Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a handmade mahogany dining table with 5 leaves that

Customer Question

I have a handmade mahogany dining table with 5 leaves that has been in my family since the mid to late 19th century. It has a carved post to add underneath when I extended and hand-hammered clamps to secure leaves. Underneath- on two sides it says John Hunt. Fully extended the table seats 12
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do u need my phone number?(###) ###-####Or email -***@******.***
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a scheduled chat at 2:00pm Monday. However, I have a problem. All my photos of the table have been deleted. Right now the table has no leaves in it,::and is behind my daughter's furniture in my small townhouse. I need a few more days to get the pictures I know u need. I'm using my iPhone bc - if deleted pictures is not enough, my computer is not working, The only thing I have are pictures of the historic house where the table was. The house and table belonged to my great-grandfather, Dr. P.A. Wilhite..: who is credited with discovering the use of ether as
an anesthesia. Dr. Crawford Long (whom he studied under) says that Wilhite begged him for 2 years to try using ether in surgery: I don't know if who owned the table is of
any significance.. Ill try to attach pictures of the house the table was in.:.actually... The second house after the Wilhites moved from the house the table was in originally.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Front and back of house today. It was on much more land initially. The thing is the family greatly valued the table. Even tho my grandmother didn't have the table, yet, when my grandfather had a house built the year before my grandparents were married,
and Dr. Wilhite was still alive, my grandfather had a very large dining room built, knowing one day that table for 12 would be theirs! Unfortunately, I never asked why Dr. Wilhite and family valued the table so much; because they did, I assumed it would be easy to find the value of this table, but it hasn't been, and I need an expert.
I will not have the pictures of the table and other info to help u value it until Friday.
Please email me if we can reschedule our chat.***@******.***
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I do not participate in the live phone call service, so I am not sure who you have a chat scheduled with.

If you are already dealing with another expert via phone call, let me know and I will opt-out.