ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.

I have a royal ironstone china pitcher Alfred Meakin made in

Customer Question

I have a royal ironstone china pitcher Alfred Meakin made in England. It is approx. 13" tall , white with no design or markings and the neck area has 9 flat sides with a rectangular opening on top
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The handle has a slight rise coming to a corner before continuing to the bottom. It is not rounded
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The mark on the bottom looks like two lions standing on their rear feet with what looks like a shield between them . I can not make the writing on the shield. There is a crown on to0p of the shield.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the question! The market for these Royal Ironstone Alfred Meakin english pitchers is rather modest unfortunately. The rectangular opening suggests that it's a standalone pitcher (as opposed to a rounded pitcher used in a basin typically) and assuming that it is white/off-white in color, typical examples in good condition sell for $40 to $60 most typically. Thank you and let me know how I may be of further help to you!

Hope that you found the information helpful. At this point I'll check the ready to be rated box, so kindly rate my professionalism.

Good morning! I'm seeing if you had further questions on this item or if I can be of further service. The only way that experts get credit for their answers is when you rate my professionalism. Kindly rate my service so that the question may be closed.