rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have 2 belleek vases the owner died in the 80s he was

Customer Question

I have 2 belleek vases the owner died in the 80s he was close to 100
They are porcelain about 20 inches plus one has roses the other birds
The marking looks like loops with heads on the ends
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were three identical pictures of the mark on the bottom.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the the two vases as well. Look for an artist's

signature within the design if these appear to be hand painted.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi I am on the road vases are in the trunk I will take pictures and look for signatures in an hour will send them
Do u think they may be worth anything

Yes, they are.

I will start by telling you about the mark since that is the only photo so far.

This is not Belleek in the form most people recognize (the Belleek from Ireland).

This is what collectors call American Belleek and twas made by Willets Manufacturing Co of Trenton, New Jersey between 1879 to 1909.

They employed studio artists to hand paint their pieces, so the quality of the painting changes the value of the pieces.

I can give you an estimated value once I see the vases, shape and painting quality.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here are the pictures the roses have a signature the birds only have the marking on the bottom

The vase with the birds was made in the 1879-1909 period but was painted later (1919)

by Marie De Garmo. This is not unusual for the company to have later decorated blanks.

The painting is very good on this one. This cylindrical American Belleek vase has a value of $500 to $600 retail.

The one with the roses was likely painted by the same person, though not signed.

This vase has a value of $700 to $850 retail. The reason this one is more is that roses are more popular subjects than

the birds are.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The roses have the signature the birds have a marking only that says belleek
Not looking to sell looking for the history and its value if any

These are both what collectors call American Belleek and were made by Willets Manufacturing Co of Trenton, New Jersey between 1879 to 1909.

The price would be the same that I have quoted for roses and bird vases. This signature was not one of the known studio artists, so in this case

that does not change the value no matter which has the signature. I misunderstood which vase had the signature, my apologies.

A good rating is important to my good standing on the site, please do click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit so that the site will recognize I have helped you today, thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I had not seen the full reply
Thank you very much
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have one more item could you please let me know I have 2 of them

I was only contracted to do the vases in this question.

I would need you to click the stars to finish this one and start a new question for the other pieces.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.