rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have two antique piegion blood vase that belonged to my

Customer Question

I have two antique piegion blood vase that belonged to my great grand mother I would like to know the value, They are about 12 in in height
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my email address is***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you can text me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is a pair of Royal Ruby glass vases made by Anchor Hocking Glass of Lancaster, Ohio

in the 1950-60 time period. This shape was made in 9" and 12" vases. The term pigeon blood is a term that refers to Chinese porcelain, whereas the term ruby glass is more fitting for vintage glass items.

They would have originally had foil paper stickers on them that always fell away with washing and use (see photo for an example of the sticker).

This pair has a value of $50 to $60 for the pair.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!