Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I would like to find the value of a antique Grandfather

Customer Question

I would like to find the value of a antique Grandfather Clock i have, the second name on the face is Ormskirk the first apears to be Wonoll or Wonall? The clock is not currently working but in good shape, I believe is was wound to thight at one time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Your tall case Georgian clock sates to circa 1800 and was by Atkinson Ormskirk. These sell for $450 - $500 on today's market in non-working condition. The best way to sell would be through Craigslist or a Facebook sales forum in your area as well as through a local consignment shop or your newspaper. Ebay is great, however I do not recommend using Ebay in this case because shipping/packing this would be rather challenging.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please provide the source of your valuation, and had perviously been qouted a $18,000 range for the clock.
Thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

I used past auction records that are in a sales database;