Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique book that I found in the depo of our

Customer Question

I have an antique book that I found in the depo of our hotel. I live in Turkey and I think it's written in Ottoman Turkish so I don't know how to begin since I can't read the text and the dates are not standard since its Islamic. My husband thinks it' was published in the 1800's. We know it's a physics book.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: We would like to learn more about this book if possible and if it is of any value. Thanks for your time, Penny
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Please send images of the book and title/publisher page at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have added 3 images. I tried to send them earlier but looks like they didn't send. Please let me know if you don't receive the images and maybe we can figure out a different route for sending them.
Thanks,
Penny
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the images. I will opt-out and open this question to all the experts.

~Nora

Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 2 months ago.

Hi Penny my name is***** the binding your husband is probably close on the dating. Unfortunately the language is beyond the skills of most. I suggest you have a local scholar or librarian look at the book. Once it is translated I could possibly help you.