Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Trying to find out how old my watch is. The serial number is

Customer Question

Trying to find out how old my watch is. The serial number is *****
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It belonged to my Great Grandmother. It has pearls and Opals on the top of the chain and an initial plate
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: decorative on the outside case of the pocket watch
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the watch, dial, inner case and the movement.
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (guts) and not on the case. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cancel my question. I don't want to buy anything at all

You may have gotten automated pop ups for calls or services, those were not from me. We can continue without all of that.

Adding photos does not cost anything.

If you are not able to add pictures, then do tell me if the serial number came from the 'guts' movement of the watch and let me know the name on the dial or the name on the movement. I can check the date of the watch that way. Also let me know what numbers and symbols are on the inner gold case.