Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Have two wooden and brass "war horse" wall hangings. I would

Customer Question

lI have two wooden and brass "war horse" wall hangings. I would like to know their origins,
approx. date of creation,and value. I have both a MALE AND FEMALE horse. /each horse measures about 37In. in height by36In. long./each horse weighs approx.26lbs.each. Each horse appears to be hand carved with brass ornamental coin, flower bouquets, swords,
and appears to be middle eastern. They are stunningly beautiful! The Male horse has a
brass bridle. The female does not. Ihave had these horses for 40 years, having found them in an old barn. They were purchased from a man from Morroco, for a song.
Any help with my requestwould be greatly appreciated. I have never seen anything like them, anywhere.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I do not participate in the live phone call service. I do hope you can add pictures and I'd be able to answer

once I see the pictures and do some research.

This might help

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought I would send some additional photos to help you in your determinations. The male horse has hand hammered brass
over the complete horse and flower bouquets in brass on its hind quarter. The female horse has what appears to be coin
that are imbedded. On further inspection, they appear to be simply swords in a circle on the hind quarter. I have not been
able to find any signatures on either of them. These extraordinary horses are two of my favorite antiques(I love antiques!)
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I still am not seeing any photos at all.

If the Add Files feature on your screen does not work for you,
you can go here and use the green NEW POST button then paste the address
back here in the text box and I'll be able to see all of your items.

If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).