Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Taking an upholstery class and taking off the old fabric.

Customer Question

Taking an upholstery class and taking off the old fabric. Inside the bottom edge of each of the 3 piece parlor set is old signature with wide brush strokes of old flat black looks like black- chalk-like letters 1/2 wide by about 3" tall. [ LOUIS XIVUFTFX ] The carving is very lovely of 2 love birds above a crest, detailed carving across back fronts of chair arms down legs, and across bottom front wood of seat cross members. 5.5' 3 person settee, large chair with matching arms to settee, and smaller chair without arms. all have same crest and carving. Love bird only done on settee. I think the wood is walnut, I am not an expert, just found something nice I want to learn more about.
Karen Oliver(###) ###-####
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-transfer-photo-my-phone-my-computer-hl