rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

1800"s small redware bowl. Cream and slip. Not sure of

Customer Question

1800"s small redware bowl. Cream and green slip. Not sure of pattern. Signed. with an X on bottom. Inside glazed. Good cracks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only the photo of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the mark on the bottom.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Trying to send additional pictures but having difficulties.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would love to know the value as well as its origin.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This is a Pennsylvania 19th century glazed redware bowl

with cream and green slip trail decoration both on inside and outside the bowl.

The prices of redware pottery reached their peak in 2008 when a bowl like this

would have sold for $500 to $700 retail. Countries like Lithuania began creating reproductions

and shipping them here by the container load and it made all redware suspect at that point, flooded the market and reduced the value.

These prices have declined considerably since then (I know, I once sold these bowls for this much!) with this type

of bowl now having a value of $200 to $300 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know. If we are done, I do need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, otherwise

my feedback level goes down. I'd really appreciate five star feedback thanks!