Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a porcelain bowl that has K&A with S under in a heart

Customer Question

I have a porcelain bowl that has K&A with S under in a heart shape with cross swords and a star on top. The bowl has cut out handles and is decorated with flower of different kinds. The are hand written numbers on bottom. Top row 7074 and has 246 under it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Please add a photo of the mark on the underside and the width of the bowl.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The bowl is approximently 14 inches at widest place (handle to handle). Added picture close up of floral design also.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

You have a late 19th century porcelain serving piece that dates to just about 1885 - 1890. The decoration is transferprinted and hand colored. Though from the Victorian era it is made in the rococo revival style The mark is for a German or Bavarian maker, likely K&A Krautheim of Selb. The circular ridge or lip around the bowl area indicates this would have had a domed lid for serving. On today's market, this can sell for $30 - $60.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora