Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Was wondering the value of a set of 6 teaspoons in original

Customer Question

Was wondering the value of a set of 6 teaspoons in original felt lined box.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I was wondering the value of a set of 6 teaspoons in original felt lined box.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: 1922 James Swann & Son 1922. Birmingham England. Sterling silver
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please tell me what kind of spoons they are. I also need the pattern if you know it.

If you do not know the pattern, please send a clear photo.

To send photos you may use the "reply to expert" or "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can send photos now.

Please follow the instructions in my last response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not going to click on the free trial and that seems to be what's holding things up.

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are just verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.
If you wish to discuss site charges, you may contact customer support at

Site Trouble -

This is what I have been told by representatives of the site:

"Customers can experience issues with the site, their computer, their knowledge of how to use the internet, etc.

Anytime a customer is having trouble with the site, please indicate to them that they can go to for assistance. They have an option in the upper right corner for contacting the Customer Service department via email, chat, or phone. Customer service is trained to assist them, and to report any customer-facing issues that may be site-related."

Or phone -
US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing wrong with my computer or me. the free trial box is blocking everything. So, I'll just be getting my $5.00's back. No $34.00 phone call. No $38.00 free trial. Thanks for nothing.

Understood. I am so sorry you had trouble with getting beyond the free subscription screen. I am sure this is a site glitch although I have never heard of it. Since I am not an employee of the site, I cannot help you. Please know, I did not create something that caused the glitch.

I also did not send you the popup asking if you wanted a phone call. That is auto-generated.

Please contact the site customer help at the address or one of the phone numbers I previously gave you.

Kind regards,