rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I just found my Mothers silverwear. It's says Community on

Customer Question

I just found my Mothers silverwear. It's says Community on the back. The pattern is Coronation..How can I tell what it is
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The set is missing a knife...It appears to be in excellent shape..I don't know where else to look for markings...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No I'm just curious what I might have
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

You have a set of silver plated flatware (not sterling silver) made by Oneida silversmiths under their trade name of Community Plate

in the Coronation pattern from 1936.

A service for 8, 10 or 12 has a current value of $100, $125 and $150 respectively.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.