rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I HAVE A 40 YR OLD PAINTING I BELIVE ITS SPELLED CANHULS,

Customer Question

I HAVE A 40 YR OLD PAINTING I BELIVE ITS SPELLED CANHULS
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: CANDELAS THAT IS THE PAINTERS NAME
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: PERFECT CONDITION
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Antonio Candelas (1938-)
He was born in Zacatecas, Mexico, in 1938 and came to the U.S.A. in 1969. His work has been featured in exhibitions at the Mexico City Museum; the Teatro Calderon, Zacatecas; Zacatecas University; San Marcos, Aguascalientes; the Galeries Soriano, Mexico City; Galeries Tolouse, Mexico City; the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, and the University of Texas at El Paso. Over the years he had numerous one-man gallery shows in the U.S.A., in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, and Boston. Candelas has illustrated numerous books on the customs of Mexico and on the poet Ramon Lopez Velarde.
A painting by this artist would have a current value of $200 to $300 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know. If we are done, I do need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit.

I'd really appreciate five star feedback thanks!