Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a silver cup from the Connecticut Golf Association

Customer Question

I have a silver cup from the Connecticut Golf Association dated 1899. Crafted my Meridian S.P CO International. Does it have any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

This is silverplated, as evidenced by the description of the mark SP for silverplate. Plated silver does not have a precious metal melt down value like sterling silver. The value depends on the size and the link to golf history in America and that can be up to $100 - $200. What is the size?

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I knew it was Silver Plated. I was just wondering if there was any significance due to the date. I looked up the Connecticut Golf Association and it's said to be the oldest states gold association. Founded in 1899. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

The date on the affixed medallion is for the founding date and depicts an early logo for the Association, however, the trophy itself may not date to 1899. Do you have a full image of the piece along with a photo of the Meriden mark.

~Nora

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do. But it's at our ranch. I can get you pictures in the morning. I'm back at home. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

You can send images at any time. No rush.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

~Nora