Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a book by Southwell, called "St. Peter's Complaint

Customer Question

I have a book by Robert Southwell, called "St. Peter's Complaint with St. Marie Magdalen's Funerall Teares and sundry other selected and devout POEMS By the R. Father R. Southwell, Priest of the Society of Jesus" On the spine, which is amazingly quite intact the title is sijmply "Robert
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Southwell's works" the date is 1630. I have found references to it on the internet, but no mention of the book itself. Where can I find more about this book?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: All I know of its provenance is that it belonged to my great-uncle< Perceval Whaley, who was an amateur collected of all sorts of things. The book is in very good shape, with marbled-looking end paper inside the front and back covers.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus image of the title and publisher page.

~Nora