Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a cuff bracelet with etched design on it. My father

Customer Question

I have a cuff bracelet with etched design on it. My father probably purchased in England in the early fifties . The stamp inside B&S. Followed by three stamps a anchor lion and what appears to be a x. I'm not sure if this is silver as I don't see a stamp. Can you tell me anything about it. Thank you joye
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

You have a British sterling silver cuff bracelet; the lion means it is British sterling silver, the anchor indicates it was made in Birmingham, the silversmiths initials are B&S and the year is indicated by the letter - however I will need to see exactly how the x appears to match it to the correct year, as the alphabet was cycled every 26 years. Depending on the age, design, weight and crafstmanship, your cuff could sell for anywhere from $75 - $400. I would be happy to further narrow that down for you if you could send images of the hallmarks and the cuff itself.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora