rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a silver coin with no inscriptions, no dates, no

Customer Question

I have a silver coin with no inscriptions, no dates, no wording...2.4mm diameter with a thickness of .1 - .2 mm. It is not steel. Both sides appear to be identical. There are 24, 6 petaled daisy like flowers around perimeter. The center of the coin (medallion, token????) contains an eagle with both wings outstretched and a snake in its talons. Behind the eagle appears to be a swirling pattern. I can send a photo if it would help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This would be a medallion intended for jewelry or removed from a piece of jewelry or keychain fob.

1) A token would have to have the name of the gaming facility (by law) or printed words of no monetary value/redeemable for prizes only, for example.

2) A coin would have to have a country, date, mint, and face value or a statement that the coin has NO trade value printed on it.

The conclusion is that it has to be a medallion intended for a decorative jewelry or accessory purpose.

American because of the image of the eagle and the coin is likely made of a non-precious metal amalgam of alloys (tin, zinc, and nickel).

This piece has a current value of $5 to $10.00.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.