Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

I have 10 "Nemours" Champagne flutes with both the Tiffany &

Customer Question

Hi. I have 10 "Nemours" Champagne flutes with both the Tiffany & Baccarat's marks. How much do you think is a reasonable reserve to have when they go to auction?? And how much would you appraise them for? Thank you!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know they were Limited Edition from 1981(yes?) Do you know how many were sold? What else makes them so rare & special??? Thanks!!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have 8 highball glasses, too? Might as well ask for an appraisal for them, too, because I paid in full to get info ASAP and need to go to sleep now... Hope to hear back from you very soon!! Thanks - Cindy
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 month ago.

Hi Cindy.

I am sorry you have had to wait. Your question came in at 3:55AM Central Time USA this morning. That is early for almost all of us here.

There is no information available about how many were in the limited edition. They are special because they have both the Tiffany & Bacarrat marks. This double marking means they were made by Baccarat and retailed by in Tiffany stores.

See the following images.

They show four of several auction results for the Nemours pattern crystal.

The most the champagne flutes actually sold for was $100 each.

The most the highballs actually sold for was less than $50 each.

As for retail, these would should sell for $150-175 for the champagne and $100-130 for the highball.

A realistic reserve for the champagne would be $100 and for the highball $50.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,