Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have a Ricketts and Thorpe Hepplewhite style sideboard. I

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Ricketts and Thorpe Hepplewhite style sideboard. I can date it to the mid 1930's from the family connection.
There is also a dining room tall cabinet but I have not looked for a label yet, however it dates from the same time and was in the same room
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

On today's market a Ricketts & Thorpe sideboard can sell for $350 - $600, or 465AUD - 796AUD. The tall cabinet would also sell in the same range.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Your range does extend a lot. I will give you one star and express dissatisfaction. If I were a buyer I would ask questions about condition and ...
Ok. I have decided that your service is about extracting money. not about actually looking at detail.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

The value ranges are typical for auction estimates and based on actual past auction sales. The condition from the image is taken on as an extraordinary assumption, which is based upon the image and from your not describing condition issues; again a standard for appraisers. As it stands, I am not compensated for this, so I personally have extracted zero monies from you.