rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I sent my madame doll to a diana's doll hospital in

Customer Question

i sent my madame alexander doll to a diana's doll hospital in homossasa florida. she told me it would cost aprox 500.00 dollars to repair her; she smells from mold therefore having to be repainted inside and out, wig, clothing, eyelashes and rubberbands. i only have until monday to respond before i give u ownership. what to do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Doing that would devalue the doll. It might be best to try and sell the doll

in this condition and keep her original. If the value of the doll does not matter to you because it is a sentimental piece that you are keeping, then that price of $500 is within the price of a complete refurbish of a doll. See if you can negotiate to $375 (everything is negotiable!).

If you plan to sell, some sites that I recommend for selling are,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.