Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

My husband found his fathers antique pipes they have a hose

Customer Question

My husband found his fathers antique pipes they have a hose with interchangeable ceramic tobacco holders from the early 1900's. What do you think they are worth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

These are early 20th century, World War I era, long stem German made porcelain bowl tobacco pipe pieces. The one with the Danish flag is referred to as a Regimental piece. Each porcelain bowl in good condition has a value of approximately $15 per piece. The bone type or resin piece is a holder and that can sell for up to $40. The long stems can sell for about $30 each

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you sure they look like others that sold for more
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Yes, quite sure. However if you would like to send links to the comparables that you have found that have sold for more, I would be happy to look them over for you and provide an explanation. To start, are they asking prices or actual values of sold items? Bear in mind that an ‘asking price’ is one that has not been sold yet and a true sale value is based on actual past documented sale records.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora