rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Have an extended set of Brothers Old Britain Castles

Customer Question

Have an extended set of Johnson Brothers Old Britain Castles Lavender China. A variety of plates, platters, and other pieces. Was looking for someone to come in and take a look and try to sell the whole lot. Not sure of the value of each piece, and not sure who to contact.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

Johnson Brothers Old Britain Castles was a pattern produced in several colors beginning in the 1930's.

Pieces in this pattern generally sell from $8.00-$20 for plates, $30 for platters, to $70.00 for lidded serving pieces.
To find someone to come and take the set to sell for you, you should go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them. That would be the fastest and least time-consuming way of letting this set go.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.