rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Kingsbury International Silver Tea Set #5901. I was

Customer Question

I have a Kingsbury International Silver Tea Set #5901. I was my grandmother's. It's engraved with an old English B on the tea service and coffee service. How do I safely clean this?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

This tea set made by International Silver in the Kingsbury pattern was made in silver plate only and not in sterling.

The B that you mentioned is a monogram and represents the last name of a previous owner.

This set has a value of $200 to $250 retail.

To polish, it is best to use Wright's Silver Cream available in a jar for about 4.00 at Walmart and most grocery stores.

It is easy to use and is not harsh on the silver plating or on your hands.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.