Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a large coffee table. It has a marble top with a

Customer Question

I have a large coffee table. It has a marble top with a ornate wrought iron base. . I was wondering what the value is. It has been in the family for quite some time and I eventually inherited it.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: not sure are appraisers expensive
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how do you send a picture on this page Nora?
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pictures attached.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you still there Nora? I just send pictures.
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Yes, thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look them over for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much.
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your patience. This is a French wrought iron base table with wire work second shelf beneath the stone (possibly quartz or granite; not marble) top. Based on the wire work shelf this dates to the early 20th century. Wrought iron is all hand-forged. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $4000.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My father died last month and after paying for his funeral' unfortunately
I need to sell it. How do I do it? Thx
Expert:  Nora replied 3 months ago.

My condolences for your loss, I am very sorry.

The best way to sell this would be by any means in which you personally do not have to handle the packing, shipping or transport; so that basically eliminates Ebay unless you list it as "pick-up only". I suggest first trying to list it on Craigslist and a local sales forum on Facebook. You can also try placing it with a local consignment shop.

Chairish.com is another option because they help with white glove transport and delivery service at the buyer's expense.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora