Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have the following pieces of furniture I am considering

Customer Question

I have the following pieces of furniture I am considering selling. I would like to know what their approximate values would be, realizing that the market may still be recessed and I would probably not get what I paid 20 years ago.
1) Louis XV French Armoire: 103"h x 56"w x 19"d, solid walnut, excellent condition...I am the only owner since it's shipment from Europe, 2 beveled, curved, mirrored doors with original locks and key, carved ornamental crown (solid walnut), solid walnut base with carved legs, solid walnut shelves inside, and 2 locked inside drawers, EXCELLENT CONDITION
2) Solid walnut headboard and footboard (double) both pieces are curved and carved, legs also carved, great condition
3) Nightstand: Solid black walnut intricately carved, 33"h x 14"w x 14"d, marble top, 1 door, 1 drawer, original pulls and closures, excellent condition.
4) 1930's solid oak highboy dresser (5 drawers) skeleton key locks on each drawer, original wheels on leg bottoms, great condition
5) 1940's upholstered loveseat and 2 matching side chairs, all with solid, carved wood legs, and ornamental carved wood from arms and up and over the top along the back and down to the other arm, cream colored fabric, button and tuck backs on all pieces, excellent condition
6) 1920's? (or older) Two, 2-tiered side tables with pie crust scalloping
7) Antique oval, marble topped table with solid wood carved and curved legs (marble top is removable), excellent condition
8) Square oak table 1930's, original metal claw footings with glass balls, lower solid wood shelf as well
9) Delicate porcelain lamp, 21"h, ornamental metal base 3"h, adorned with cherub angel and delicate flowers, color=blue with ivory and rose highlights
10) Solid oak bow-front display cabinet, reproduction, glass shelves, glass door, curved, carved wood surround mirror topper, curved 6" legs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the armoire, headboard/footboard, and nightstand are one group. The loveseat, side chairs, oval marble table, porcelain lamp, and two pie scalloped side tables are the parlor group. I also don't know HOW to sell them. Do you have any advice? The armoire itself weighs 500 lbs. How do I ship such large items? Would it cost $1,000? If I sell on eBay I would have to ship it to the buyer, rigjt? Want to downsize but don't know how. Do you people that but antiques and sell them for peopl? Wouldn't I lose a lot of money if I auctioned them? Thank you so much

It's quite, quite difficult to sell large items as you are largely limited to a local market.

Can you upload some photos of the group you want me to appraise first?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will send photos as soon as possible Jennifer. It may take a few days. Thank you

No hurry!

My apology, I was just informed that it is no longer site policy to only do 1 or 2 items per question--however, I am unable to take on your full inventory at this time. I'm going to opt out, and this will be visible to all other appraisers. You don't need to do anything, or pay any more fees--someone else should pick up the question and appraise all of your items within this question.

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please upload photos of the furniture or send them by email to***@******.*** and please put " forCustomer#39; they will forward the photos on to me,. I look forward to helping you on these.