Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an original French etching by Charlot called, On the

Customer Question

I have an original French etching by Charlot called, On the Marne River. It has a seal on the back that says the etching has the mark from the Triangle Trade. Can you tell me anything about it such as its importance for collectors?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Just that it is an original French etching. It is a scene of a house on the River Marne. I suspect it is about 75 years old or older.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Please send images and the size at your convenience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is oval shaped, and measures 14" long x 11 and 1/2" wide. I don't have a picture just now, but can send one later if needed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the dimensions. Yes, I will wait for images so as to make a proper assessment of what you have for you. You can send them over at your convenience, there is not a time limit here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks so much,
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Certainly :)