Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a Royal Bonn pottery vase, date 1755, Germany is also

Customer Question

I have a Royal Bonn pottery vase, date 1755, Germany is also on the base, and the code numbers are 6000/2x 6353, there are three other numbers, on ly the 6 is legible.. The vase is pink and cream color with three large white and purple flowers and green background around the flowers. We have two of them and wanted to know what the value might be.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: There is a single purple flower with green foliage around it on the back.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Robert here. Can you very kindly attach a photo of it and one of the bottom.

Also, how tall is it?

Many thanks,

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes. Thanks R.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will be looking for a passing teenager to get photos to you. The vase is 14 and one half inches tall. Also has two decorative handles.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did I just lose you?
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 month ago.

Still here!

Many thanks for collaring a passing teenager! Look forward to see what you have.

I wish we could do this sight unseen, but the artistic merit of the decoration is such a large part of value.

No rush this end, I'll be here whenever you are ready.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will take photo and somehow send it to you. Thank you
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks so much.

You can email it to me if you wish, it just takes a little longer.

The only address that gets to me is:

Mark the email for my attention, Robert S. in the Antiques category otherwise they won't know who to send it to.

I work "on" rather than "for" JustAnswer as an independent agent so all emails have to go through a third party to protect everyone's privacy. It may take up to 24 hours, but I'll let you know as soon as I see it this end.

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On September 6, I made an inquiry about a Royal Bonn vase from Germany. It was answered by Robert S., who said I would have to send a picture to him. Not being computer literate, it took me a few days and finally sent the picture to him at Robert S. [email protected] AttentionRobertS. Antiques Category. I have not heard from him, only a $38. charge on my credit card for which I am very angry. I would like to hear from someone to explain this inability to answer my question and a credit on my charge. You are very speeding charging me for nothing, so maybe you can answer this speedily also.
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 month ago.

Hi Joan,
This is Robert here, I'm so sorry you're having problems getting photos to me.

None have so far been forwarded to me and I don't know why that is, since it appears you followed the emailing instructions perfectly.

Even though your credit card has been debited, you do not owe JustAnswers a penny, nor should you be charged anything unless or until you accept my answer, and since I haven't given you an answer, that process can't even begin yet.

Unfortunately your message (above) will only seen by me (a third party appraiser who does not work for JustAnswer) and not by those to whom it should be addressed. So I urge you to contact Customer Support, phone number 1.***-***-**** to have them refund your credit card and your good faith $5 deposit, both of which you are owed since you did not get an answer.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,