Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Royal Heidelberg Regal Rohrega 12 place setting. 1950's.

Customer Question

Royal Heidelberg Regal Rohrega 12 place setting. 1950's. Mint
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: What do think the value is? There is a lot of gold in the setting. I am trying to help a customer for ebay. Nobody is looking for this pattern I guess.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: One piece missing. probably a saucer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
I will be glad to help you today.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.

How many pieces are in each place setting? What serving pieces are in the set?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
12 place settings. 80 plus pieces. Purchased in 1951.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
Sometimes it takes putting something on Ebay several times before the right person comes along.
The Royal Heidelberg Regal china service for 12 with serving pieces, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.

If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.