Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a set of A. Lanternier and Cia, Limoges (France)

Customer Question

I have a set of A. Lanternier and Cia, Limoges (France) china handed down to me from my grandmother (which I believe was handed down to her).
I went to a A. Lanternier china replacement and viewed the patterns. I could not find the pattern I have. How would I:
1. Determine the pattern name or number (neither of which are on the back of the plates)
2. Determine when they were manufactured.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi Joseph,

my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
I will be glad to help you today.

I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.

I hate to tell you but, if your set is not marked with a pattern name or number, it was not assigned a pattern name or a pattern number. So many sets where made to be sold by other companies. China manufacturers will make sets that have nothing on them but the name of the company that made them, then the patterns and such are assigned by the companies that sold them. There are thousands of sets of china out there with no pattern name or number. Appraisers actually have data bases and many books that show values for these such sets. So they can be valued just not identified.

If you would like a value I can perhaps help you.