rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I was just looking for information for some items that I

Customer Question

Hi. I was just looking for information for some items that I found while cleaning out my grandfather's basement. I found a few things with different markings. The first looks like it was for tea of coffee possibly with markings of an eagle symbol then Wm the M is raised to the top of the W and then Rogers.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Serving tray with BSCEP NS 5216/18? Then Early American Pewter by WEB possibly for a cream and sugar set
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Serving tray with BSCEP N.S. 5216/18.
Last, another tray with International Silver Company: I.S.Co.
Thank you!
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
The Wm Rogers tea set was made in the early 1900's and is a silver plated, (not sterling) set, value of $150.

The serving tray marked BSCEP is electro plated nickel silver made by Barbour Silver Of Hartford Connecticut between 1892 to 1899.

This tray is also not sterling and has a value of $35.00.

The third tray is a silver plated tray made by International Silver made from 1898 to 1905 and has a value of $35.00.

If you have another item, just start a new question and put 'for rarewares only no other appraisers' in the beginning to get me again.
I specialize in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, jewelry and just about everything else.
You never know what you might have!

Some sites that I recommend for selling are,,, Ebay and
You can also go to or and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!