Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Do you know how to repair the riser on the old singer

Customer Question

Do you know how to repair the riser on the old singer drawing Do you know how to repair the riser on the old singer drawing room cabinet # 22. When we push the button the machine does not rise or return to the cabinet with out pushing on the top of the arm??
you asked this sewing machine repair question on 8/25/2016 for $20.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello

There isn't anyone on here that does furniture repair such as this. If you google in your area there should be a Singer Sewing Machine person that repairs the old machines that could help you with this. There may also be an Antique Furniture Repair person that could help you. If you do not have one listed then contact the local antique shops they always know who to call for repairs such as this.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am an antique restorer and have not found anyone in the local area, with the needed information, that is why I ask the question on line. Sorry you did not understand the question.Steven

Hello

I am sorry, all I saw was what you asked " Do you know how to repair the riser on the old singer drawing Do you know how to repair the riser on the old singer drawing room cabinet # 22. When we push the button the machine does not rise or return to the cabinet with out pushing on the top of the arm??
you asked this sewing machine repair question on 8/25/2016 for $20 "

I was just letting you know we do not have a furniture restorer, we do online appraisals in this category. And it looks like your question was sent to the general category also, so no one knows the answer to this there.

I was only letting you know that no one knows how to repair this.

Glenda