Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I know this doll is valuable i have no idea what its called.

Customer Question

i know this doll is valuable i have no idea what its called.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 2 months ago.

Hello Kelly,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I have been an appraiser of antiques and collectibles for more than 25 years, am the author of three books on collecting topics and am the president of the Association of Online Appraisers.

This is not exactly a doll. The rule of thumb for that is that a doll's clothes can come off. Since your doll has permanent clothing it is, strictly speaking, a stuffed toy. I have heard them called pixie dolls, bed dolls and clown dolls. It was made in the 1940s or 1950s. You don't see many dolls covered in corduroy!

If it is in excellent condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of our doll is approximately $100. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $40, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Kelly.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!