Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I need help identifying the maker and the value of a tall

Customer Question

I need help identifying the maker and the value of a tall clock (8'4") made in the early 1900's. Is it possible to send a picture(s)?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The clock is mahogany, large claw feet on front beveled glass full length and width of all access doors front and sides- body and clockworks case, five chime tubes, five different chime tunes, face is painted with ship and moon phases with gold metal numerals on silver colored back of numerals. The case has and full length columns of mahogany with top to bottom back of mahogany. The top is gable shaped.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is in perfect condition, and breath taking.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Been waiting 20 minutes??????? So what's up/
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is Diana.

I apologize for the wait. Often different experts with different specialties are online at different times.

Is your clock marked at all? If there are no mark or numbers on the dial or inside the clockworks, in all honesty, it's next to impossible to ID a clock. A value can be estimated based on the style and age, but with no marks, there's really no way to tell you who made it.

If you're okay with that, I'll be glad to help provide a value. If not, I can pass your question on to customer service for you.