Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Well...my husband's grandfather is A. Popovich from Billings

Customer Question

Well...my husband's grandfather is John A. Popovich from Billings MT and he was good friends of both C.M. Russell & James Ralsted. He collected their works (and others). His mother recieved part of his collection after his death. Wondering how to go about getting an accurate appraisel done. We live in MN in the metro area. Joan
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: One item of interest is a desktop pen set the base of which is a brick from the base of the original fireplace in Russell's studio. John obtained 50 brickes and cut them in half making 100, he then made the pen sets and #'d them, selling each for $1,000 each. However he gave thr first three to his three daughters. What are those worth? Have you heard of these and of John?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Art Work for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Please tell me how many paintings that you have of each artist?

Thanks,