Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have several larger glass items that I would like to get

Customer Question

Hi there. I have several larger glass items that I would like to get an idea of the value of. One is a larger glass vase the other is a pedastal table bowl for fruit. The glass vase has "air bubbles" in it, it's green, lovely perfect for flowers. The table bowl is clear, and has a lovely complex foot arrangement with curls of glass.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Let's start with the table bowl with curved footed base. There is one image of it attached here. At your convenience, please provide an image of the underside of the table bowl and check for any very light signature stamps or marks on the underside. As well, how wide is the bowl from one end to the other at the top?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have the bowl in front of me. I'm sorry, I think this was a mistake.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

That is okay. The footed bowl is in the style of a 20th century Steuben glass and they are usually marked on the underside with a small acid etched stencil mark on the underside or hand signed. If Steuben, the value is as high as $400 on the sales market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.