rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a El Grecos Domenikos Theotokopoulos self portrait,

Customer Question

I have a El Grecos Domenikos Theotokopoulos self portrait, but do not know the authenticity of it. It is 20.5 x16". Is not matted or on canvas. It is on some sort of paper. Maybe you can value it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the print,
signature and back of print where there might be labels or writing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

This piece is a lithographic print (reproduction on paper) of a famous painting by El Greco (1541-1614) an artist of the Spanish Renaissance

named Domenikos Theotokopoulos. This portrait is called Portrait of an Old Man and is presumed to be a self-portrait.

Prints of this painting were popular in the 1960's-mid 70's, so that is likely when your piece was published.

This piece has a value of $35.00 retail.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top of your screen and hit submit, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 month ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.